But I did discover what eating schedule works for my long days at work. I sleep in, allowing just enough time to shower and throw on my navy scrubs. Before I head out the door I pack my cooler bag with a small container of nuts (walnuts and almonds), veggies (either fresh or leftover stir fry), and protein (day 3 was tuna, day 4 was chicken). Then I mix up a smoothie to drink in the car on the way into work. This week I finished up my Jillian Michaels powder so now I'm looking for a Paleo approved option. I add fresh fruit and some almond milk. About 1:30 I ate my nut mixture. 5:30 was either a coffee or fruit smoothie (no protein) from the coffee shop conveniently located in our hospital next to our emergency room! About 8:00 or do I had my veggies and protein. I'm sure I didn't eat enough during my shift but its the best I could do. I've got to work 36 hrs during the next three days so maybe I can improve my plan some.
No comments:
Post a Comment