Saturday, June 1, 2013

Day 1

Well, today was a success. I was unsure about what to do for breakfast. Since I didn't want to start the week (3-4 recommended per week) I opted for fruit juice and a handful if almonds. Choosing protein for breakfast will be a challenge for me I think. I took my mum and my detailed list to the farmers market this morning. The selection was a little disappointing but it was the first weekend of the season so I'm hoping it will be better next week. Then we decided to get lunch out- strawberry poppyseed salad from Panera Bread. Added about half the dressing and sipped my green tea. I love that their salads are huge, with a load of delicious ingredients. It took some motivation but I nearly cleaned the bowl! This afternoon I decided to work on my recipe book. I have a small notebook that I'm copying recipes into that I like. It's small enough that I can carry it with me to the store if I haven't planned meals yet. Tonight I decided not to plan dinner ahead. My sister decided that she was going Paleo with me! Since I had a fridge full of food I waited until she got home from work to figure it out. We chose grilled pork tenderloin and stir fry veggies.  I added fresh ginger, garlic, cilantro and basil to the stir fry (red pepper, onion, carrots, mushroom, red cabbage, shredded zucchini) while she grilled the pork with lemon pepper. The result was yummy and I have leftover veggies I can pack for work on Mon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment